UroGynecologist in Akron and Youngstown, OH
The Summit UroGyn Mission
To educate our patients about the conditions they face and offer the best treatment options available to help them achieve a comfortable way of life.
Medical Societies We Support
- American Urogynecology Association (AUGS)
- Society of Gynecologic Surgeons (SGS)
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL)
- Voices for PFD
Urinary incontinence, or loss of bladder control, may make laughing or sneezing embarrassing. Approximately 30% of women suffer from some form of urinary leakage and it can happen to women very early on in their lives. While come common factors affect pelvic health, including age, childbirth and previous abdominal surgeries, these are not simply a part of aging and are not normal in women at any age. The first step to better pelvic health begins with an evaluation by a qualified physician. Summit Urogynecology offers services for women throughout Summit County and Northeast Ohio.
Dr. Costas A. Apostolis and Nurse Practitioner Jennifer Winning provide treatment for a wide variety of urogynecologic disorders including:
- Urinary incontinence (stress incontinence and overactive bladder)
- Fecal incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Recto-vaginal and Vesico-vaginal fistula repair
- Chronic constipation
- Pelvic pain (interstitial cystitis, painful bladder syndrome, vulvodynia)
- Painful intercourse
The type of care you can expect from our staff:
- To have your concerns heard and answer all of your questions before you leave the office.
- Specialized surgical training for minimally invasive options
- A strong emphasis on pelvic floor therapy and education, so that you have the tools you need for the best outcome possible.
- A relaxed, private and comfortable atmosphere to receive the care you need.
Thank you for learning more about Summit Urogynecology. We look forward to meeting you!
Summit UroGynecology’s offices were developed with patients in mind. We offer a clean and comfortable environment outfitted with eight state-of-the-art exam rooms, three procedure rooms, and multiple testing suites to ensure complete care under one roof.